Tips and useful information to know before you travel to Turkey during pandemic.
Covid-19 restrictions are affecting our lives lately. So we made a list for you to get prepared to the requirements in Turkey:
- The airports are taking every possible measure to keep staff and tourists safe.
- It is mandatory to wear a face mask at all times outside the home throughout Turkey.
- There are capacity limits on public transport to make sure passengers follow social distancing guidelines.
- Turkish citizens and residents must obtain an HES (Hayat Eve Sığar) code for international and domestic travel, including flights, train and ferry travel. This does not apply to non-Turkish nationals.
- he lockdown rules does not apply to tourists, however you can expect that there will be very limited choice of things to do in this period. Hotel restaurants, shopping malls, shops and supermarkets remain open.
We advise you to keep up-to-date with local news in Turkey and contact tourist providers or accommodation to check that there haven’t been further changes.